Panel presentation and Q&A session: launching two reports on the risks of homelessness facing older women in Australia
You are invited to the launch of two reports: The Older Women’s Network NSW is a supporting organiser of this event.
“At Risk: understanding the population size and demographics of older women at risk of homelessness in Australia”, commissioned by Social Ventures Australia, written by Dr Debbie Faulkner and Laurence Lester, University of Adelaide
“Older women in the private rental sector: unaffordable, substandard and insecure housing” by Dr Emma Power, University of Western Sydney.
Brief presentations will be followed by Q&A
- The Hon. Dr Kay Patterson, Age Discrimination Commissioner
- Helen Conway, President of YWCA and former CEO of Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Dr Emma Power, Western Sydney University
- Mary-Ann Wright, Deputy Chair, Housing for the Aged Action Group, lived experience representative and service user of HAAG
- Kobi Maglen, HAAG and the Ageing on the Edge Homelessness Prevention Project
- Facilitated by Suzie Riddell, CEO of Social Ventures Australia
Suzie Riddell is Chief Executive Officer at SVA. She previously held the role of Chief Strategy Officer, leading the Strategy & Advocacy team. She draws on her extensive experience in the social purpose and commercial sectors to lead SVA’s systems change agenda. She is a Director of Community Council for Australia, a Non-Executive Director of The Observership Program, and formerly of YWCA NSW and Holdsworth Community Centre and Services.
Share this event
Women are traditional spinners - of tales, of cloth, or many fine things. May we in OWN continue to spin strong webs of support which create a safety net for older women's emotional and physical wellbeing; and create a sling from which to catapult into the wider community older women's aspirations for a better world.